Wednesday, February 22, 2012

sugar and spice

i got a pleasant surprise a couple of weeks ago when the sweet people at SUGARLIPS asked me to style their Lace Findings Dress. i'm almost always a sucker for delicate, crocheted pieces; and this one is especially intricate and bewitching. it immediately conjures up images of frolicking barefoot through a field of daisies, hot summer days, and free love. naturally, my first instinct was to pair it with combat boots and a crown of dead flowers. i happened to have both on hand, since my boyfriend surprised me with this handmade black floral crown a few days prior. i'm one lucky girl..




dress, SUGARLIPS. leotard(underneath), thrifted. combat boots, walmart. bracelets, thrifted. floral crown, made for me by my darling.

  

4 comments:

  1. Love! I found you on Chictopia:) What a awesome boy to make a crown for you.. that is like the cutest EVER♥ You would really look fabulous draped in LoveIt's jewels. Enter to win a $125 shopping spree http://www.vanityyouth.blogspot.com/2012/02/eco-friendly-loveit-jewelry-giveaway.html (sorry for the long link lol)

    Followed! Even though I don't really use my blogger anymore;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You're a natural siren!

    xoxo
    Remy
    www.mydailythreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to order that same dress! It looks gorgeous on you! LOVE the flower crown, your setting and that you chose to wear it with the leotard!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete